Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sweet & Spicy

So this won't be one of my normal marathon posts. I just had a couple of stories that really show how different two kids can be even though they have the same parents :)

The Sweet:

Me and the girls have been pretty sick the past little bit. Last Thursday night I slept on the couch becasue sleeping sitting up made it a little easier to breathe. So about 6:30 am I start hearing some movement in the kitchen. The dialogue goes a little something like this:

Me: "Who's there?"

Chance: no response.

Me: (I kind of sit up so that I can look into the kitchen and I can't see anybody although I can see a little kid chair that was drug to the counter to help reach things) "Chance is that you?"

Chance: still nothing.

Me: "Chance, I know you're down here...".

He then starts to run back to his room crying.

Me: (calling out to him from the couch) "Chance what's the matter buddy?"

Chance: (walking back to the couch with his head low, still crying) "I wanted to make you breakfast since you are so sick, I didn't mean to wake you up."

Talk about melt your heart sweet. I told him I'd go back to sleep and when he was ready he could come wake me up with my breakfast. He proceeded to finish making me breakfast, which included a glass of water & a couple of slices of homemade bread (which he sliced himself with a dull knife) covered in jam. The best breakfast ever, made me feel so much better! I tell you what, I don't know what I would do without my sensitive little guy...


Then there is Miss Kenedi, who upon entering the car after church today shouts:

"It's too DAMN hot in here!!" (mind you we live in Colorado, so its never THAT hot :) )

You gotta love the girl that adds a little spice to our lives


It's these sweet & spicy little moments that make being a mom so worth it.

4 comments:

eyre blog said...

oh audrie. I can't wait to spend some time with you. thanks for sharing these sweet and hilarious moments. I wish you were bringing your kids so that i can get to know them better. when we move i promise a road trip to see you if you'll take us.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

so so cute!!!!!!

Brad and Laurie said...

Yes, Chance gets it from Craig and Kenedi from Audrie...
NOT! haha

Katherine Young said...

haha those kids are so freakin cute. i miss them and you. come back to arizona.