Sunday, July 6, 2008

YOU MAY WANT TO SIT DOWN....THIS MAY COME AS A SHOCK...

Drum roll please....yes you guessed it right, this is Audrie!! I have been bullied & badgered enough so I decided to make everyone (especially my hubby) happy & add my very creative & sparkling personality to everyones must read list. This post is going to include a lot of random things so sorry about that, maybe if I get the hang of this I'll be able to do it more often. We have been super busy with the recent move & have had lots of visitors already! Please come anyone & everyone we love visitors :) My dad came to visit the first of June we had a ton of fun, the kids love grandpa he is just a big play thing. Here are a couple of photos of grandpa & the kids when we went hiking at rocky mountain national park, this totally awesome place that is about 45 minutes from our house (yes, I hear the shock as you are reading this, I actually have been enjoying a little I repeat little hiking in the great outdoors lately)



Next, my Mom, Grandma Naylor, Aunt Susan, bros Zac & Dustin road tripped it out here to visit us & the Naylors in Castle Rock. We had a ton of fun hanging out with our long lost cousins here in Colorado!! We all really need to get together more...seriously what is wrong with us? Here is a pic of Gma with Brison, Brady, Brandon, & Jessica. Did gma shrink? J/K. And a pic of us out hiking again!! This time with different visitors. So much fun, Susan was freezing her tiny little rear off. And last is Kenedi enjoying her leftover spaghetti from Maggiano's Italian restaurant that was AWESOME!!





So after that me & the kids loaded up & drove home with them. Oh man was that a trip. My favorite part was when we were getting ready to leave the hotel and Chance had to go to the bathroom really bad so he runs in, pulls his pants down, and pees all over Aunt Susan's clothes that are on the floor next to the toilet. Of course, they were her clean clothes she was about to put on & didn't have much else to wear. You gotta love kids! While in TX we went to cousin Dave's wedding which was a total blast (unfortunately I am the worst at taking pics so you'll have to refer to my sister Marianne's blog if you would like to see any from the wedding or the trip to Houston). We also spent Chances 4th Birthday with Grandma & Grandpa, this picture is of his favorite present from gma & gpa(kinda blew my $14.00 styrofoam flying saucer out of the water). It goes really fast, has a truck bed that he loaded & uploaded all the balls he could find into it, has a real working fm radio, shocks, pegs, lucky! Kenedi also loved it, as you can tell by her grin :)


And finally, the last of our tour!! We flew back to Denver and the very next day drove out to Provo to go to the Stadium of Fire with all of the Copple Clan. We had a great time, especially Craig & I when we tried to sleep & the people in the apartment above us really needed to grease the springs on their bed or something, every single night!! Sometimes 3 times a night, it was ridiculous & kept waking us up & making Craig really jealous...j/k. OK, back to the trip, so we got to see this really cool hot air balloon contest, went to a carnival, parade, and the actual Stadium of Fire even which included Glenn Beck, the Blue Man Group, people jumping out of airplanes & parachuting onto the field, 1,350 dancers on the field at one time, and MILEY CYRUS (I know I was just about to wet my pants from excitement, I couldn't keep from jumping up and down!!) She actually was really cute & the young girls in the audience went absolutely bananas! The fireworks were awesome & the traffic was terrible so it all evened out :) First is a picture of Dustin (who came with us) & Kenedi at the balloon race. The second pic is of ms. miley, just for proof. Again, I am the worst picture taker, so maybe when one of my inlaws sends me copies I'll be able to add more of our trip. Hope ya'll had a happy 4th too!!

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

Hey there!! glad to hear from you, i found you from Amber and Marianne!!! You sound like you guys are doing well!!! We drove right by you on our way to Wyoming a month ago, now we are heading back on tuesday!! Ill be thinking about you!!! Keep up the posts i love it!!!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

f i n a l l y. I have been checking daily for a Copple update. You have a way w/ the words Aud, keep it up. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks! Be prepared to house shop!

Katherine Young said...

i love it!! im so glad you have joined the blogging world :)

that pic of kennedi and your dad is so stinking cute.

...and of course im jealous you got to see MILEY. haha. love ya!

Amber Larsen said...

That looks like so much fun; you always get to do cool stuff!! : ) and whatever, you are a good writer, I was laughing the whole time!! I can't wait to come out there it really looks beautiful.

Jalei & Lane said...

Audrie, you sound REALLY happy. I'm glad Colorado is treating your family well. You sure have done a lot of fun stuff since you've been there!

themacdonnells said...

Finally an update!

Ok, so you have to make the whole trip to the other side of RMNP and eat at the little burger shack just outside the park... Dee-lish! Kurt and I ate there last summer when we went. And Ed's Cantina in Estes Park is amazing. Their breakfasts are wonderful. And then there is the shopping in Boulder on the strip. They have some fun funky shopts and it's fun to go out there on the weekend.

Kurt and I are jealous, we'd love to live in Denver!

Becky Rogers said...

Hey, welcome to the awesome blogging world Audrie! It can be totally addictive! Holy cow, I love the comment about the people above your apartment. He he. Sounds like the trip was fun!

Copple's said...

Wow, you def past me up in all my five seconds I will spend on posting a blog. Way to go. Looks like Colorado has been way better to you than Havahellsu. We are still trying to plan a trip out otherwise I will send a package soon till we do come. Hope you guys are doing good and talk to you soon.

Monson Family said...

It is so beautiful there!!! Kelly is very jealous you guys live in the mountains! You crack me Audrie - you are a blogging natural! I need bloggers like you and Jenni - you make me laugh!